We want to help make your Sunday morning experience at First a great one!
We gather every Sunday morning.
- Contemporary Service: Sundays at 9:00am in Fellowship Hall
- Faith and Fellowship: Sundays at 10:00am in Fellowship Hall
- Sunday School/Adult Bible Study: Sundays at 10:00am in our first-floor classrooms
- Traditional Service: Sundays at 11:00am in the Sanctuary
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
First is located at 1625 NW O'Brien Rd, Lee's Summit, MO, near the John Knox Village in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
Find our location address by clicking here.
What can I expect?
How long IS The service?
In total, our services are about 60 minutes in length.
Contemporary Services begin with our amazing praise band leading the church in music - song lyrics are projected onto the screens so you can sing along. The service also includes announcements, prayer requests, pastoral prayers, scripture, and offering. Our pastor does not wear a robe in this service, and seating is in individual chairs or even tables in the back.
Traditional Services are filled with your favorite hymns led by organ, piano, or vocalists, as well as spoken liturgy printed in the bulletin. We are very blessed to have an amazing music program! So you'll also often hear from one of our Bell Choirs, our beautiful Church Choir filled with many voices, or even one of our small groups, like the church Octet. Seating is in pews, and the pastor is robed and preaches from the pulpit. The sermons are the same in both services.
We celebrate Communion on the first Sundays of the month, as well as special services throughout the year.
What's the culture like at First Church?
Sundays at FPCLS offers something for everyone.
Our Contemporary Service is casual and relaxed. The Traditional Service is for people who enjoy church in a classic setting. You don't need to be dressed to the nines, but it's a little more formal than our 9AM service.
For either service, come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
What about my kids?
We believe that kids should have a blast at church every single week - and at First , we make this a priority. The other thing we make a priority is your children’s safety. Because of that, we have a detailed check-in process for our children's ministry program the first time that you visit. You’ll want to leave yourself an extra ten minutes to get signed in for the child care. Child Care is offered at every First service for kids ages infant through Age 5.
Children are also welcome to attend worship-- and yes, even if they make a little noise (Jesus was very clear about welcoming children just as they are)! We encourage parents to help their kids participate in the service by letting them hold bibles, hymnals, and bulletins and reading along, or simply by modeling active participation. You can also find "worship bags" beneath the nametag wall which have coloring pages and other age-appropriate elements for them to participate.
At every age and in their own way, children are a part of our community!
What sunday School Options Are there?
From 10:00-10:50 every Sunday we're blessed with a wide variety of faith-formation, fellowship, and Sunday School options!
You can learn more about our Nursery, Children, Confirmation, and Youth Ministry classes by clicking here!
- Our Young Adult Sunday School class meets in Room 115. This group (ages ~18-40) takes part in video and book studies or other curriculum season by season, and always includes a little food and a lot of time in fellowship.
- Our primary adult study class meets in the basement Center Room, and chooses books or other materials season by season for study and conversation.
- Ordinarily, during Advent, Lent, and other seasons, our pastor leads a combined Sunday School class in the basement Center Room
- Our coffee fellowship gathers in Fellowship Hall. Grab a seat, a cookie, and some coffee or tea, and enjoy fellowship with others around tables!
- We have multiple men's, women's, and mixed fellowship groups that meet informally, and classes that form for short periods of time as well.
We would love to help you find just the right spot for you! If you're new to First, make sure to ask a greeter, usher, or staff person for directions or a recommendation on which group you might fit in best.
Let us know you're coming
Ready to check out First Church in person? We can't wait to meet you in person. Simply fill out the form below and we'll make sure to give you the VIP treatment upon your first visit.
NOTE: We value your privacy and would never spam you
"Honestly, I was a little anxious attending First Presbyterian for the first time...a little unsure of what to expect. I knew a few of the members there, so that made me comfortable. At least I knew SOMEBODY! But as soon as I walked through the front doors it felt like home."